Weekly News Roundup
Our weekly Mindful Leader news roundup contains the latest news and trends that are impacting our industry. We scan through hundreds of articles weekly and share top content with our 150k+ audience across all social media channels. Below are the top ten articles our audience found most engaging in the last week.
1. Mindfulness Hurts. That's Why It Works. (The Atlantic)
Facing the painful parts of life head-on is the only way to feel at home with yourself.
2. Addressing Stress in the Workplace (HR Daily Advisor)
What is it about working in the comfort of their own homes that people like? How can that kind of comfortability be replicated in the workplace?
3. How Leaders Can Prioritize Their Mental Health (Forbes)
Whereas mental health has long been a buzzword in corporate circles, few leaders truly understand what it means to take care of their employees' mental health, as well as their own, effectively and on an ongoing basis. Here are some suggestions.
4. 5 Tricks to Clear Your Head and Calm Your Nerves (Fatherly)
Mindfulness isn't just some buzzword or fad -- it's effective and easy to do.
5. 7 Ways to Cope With New Job Anxiety (Lifehack)
Anxiety at a new job is more common than we might think. Here are 7 ways to cope with new job anxiety and ease your self-doubt.
6. How to Support Employee Mental Health and Avoid Startup Burnout (Startup Nation)
Supporting mental health and workplace wellness is a top employee benefit and a draw for the best talent.
7. Benefits of Being Mindful At Work (The HR Digest)
Being mindful at the workplace is a huge stepping stone for most employees and should be encouraged by all companies.
8. Fear Being Judged? How to Quiet the Mental Demons (Introvert Spring)
Do you have a fear of being judged by others? Maybe you feel self-conscious about the impression you're making. Every time the person you're talking to frowns or looks away you worry that you've done something wrong.
9. Council Post: The New Leadership Model: Leading With Empathy And Compassion (Forbes)
Perhaps driven by the circumstances of the past two to three years, or the rise of the millennial and Generation Z workforces, empathy and compassion are now hallmarks for any successful management style.
10. Can Mindfulness Change How We Interpret Emotional Situations? (Mindful)
When we're facing uncertainty, mindfulness skills may help us to interpret emotional situations as more positive, a recent publication shows.