Monthly News Roundup
Our Monthly Mindful Leader news roundup contains the latest news and trends that are impacting our industry. We scan through hundreds of articles weekly and share top content with our 150k+ audience across all social media channels. Below are the top ten articles our audience found most engaging in the month of March.
1. How to become a better listener, according to science (Fast Company)
How well and frequently you listen to others is a better predictor of your leadership potential than your actual intelligence or personality.
2. How Chronic Work Stress Damages Your Brain And 10 Things You Can Do (Forbes)
It's common knowledge that professional football players and boxers suffer brain damage. But recent science-backed studies show that pressure-cooker workdays also take a toll on our brains. Here are 10 steps you can take to prevent chronic job stress.
3. Mental health hygiene can improve mood, decrease stress (Scope)
Creating a routine of mental health hygiene, including daily mindfulness practices, can decrease stress levels and improve mood.
4. 5 Ways on How to Be a Mindful Leader (Medium)
Whatever sort of leadership position you have, you must be able to communicate with people while still being tuned with yourself to become a positive influence.
5. Leadership Is Harder Now: 5 Ways To Manage The Emotional Labor (Forbes)
Leaders can cope in some key ways--managing the emotional labor so they can be their best and bring their best.
6. Empathy Is Here To Stay: 3 Important Reasons It Will Shape The Future (Forbes)
Empathy is likely here to stay for a number of reasons--and they are important to understand in terms of their effects on people, and their effects on organizations and business.
7. 29 Quick Mindfulness Exercises for Busy People (The Good Men Project)
Mindfulness is just the tool that allows you to reach the end goal which is being present, without judgement or thoughts of tomorrow. It's about being okay being present.
8. 10 Effective Ways to Motivate Employees in the Workplace (WellSteps)
Practical and effective ways to motivate your employees and know the benefits of having a happy workforce that steers your company forward.
9. Having “No Filter” At Work Is A Good Thing, Actually (Refinery 29)
A workplace "filter" is the verbal apparatus that allows you to answer the question "How was your weekend?" with "lovely, thank you" instead of "horrific, my dog died."
10. Mindfulness Hurts. That’s Why It Works. (The Atlantic)
Facing the painful parts of life head-on is the only way to feel at home with yourself.