Weekly News Roundup
Our weekly Mindful Leader news roundup contains the latest news and trends that are impacting our industry. We scan through hundreds of articles weekly and share top content with our 150k+ audience across all social media channels. Below are the top ten articles our audience found most engaging in the last week.
1. The 10 best mindfulness books to read in 2022, according to 3 psychologists (Reviews)
We spoke to 3 psychologists to get their recommendations on the best mindfulness books that can help boost your happiness and wellbeing.
2. 5 tips to help you practise mindfulness at work (Silicon Republic)
The practice of mindfulness can help reduce feelings of stress and anxiety in your workday, even if you only have a few minutes to spare.
3. 7 Steps to Creating a Leadership Self-Reflection Practice (Under30CEO)
Self-reflection is just slowing down and thinking about yourself and your experiences to increase self-awareness, learning, and growth.
4. 3 Ways to Make the Most of Every Day (Psychology Today)
By trying to zip through your daily grind as quickly as possible, might you also be missing out on your ability to maximize your productivity and, as a result, your feelings of fulfillment?
5. How to Lead With Curiosity, Courage, and Compassion (Inc.)
My core advice to future entrepreneurs.
6. The ultimate science-backed guide to emotional intelligence at work (Fast Company)
Workers who cultivate emotional intelligence are less prone to chronic stress or burnout and exhibit more resilience and job satisfaction overall.
7. What Empathy Isn’t: 5 Myths To Avoid (Under30CEO)
Is empathy more necessary now than it was previously? Perhaps. It’s also likely that people are more aware of what others are going through.
8. What to know about emotional intelligence (Medical News Today)
Emotional intelligence (EI) refers to a person’s ability to understand and manage their emotions as well as recognize the feelings of others. Research shows it is a useful tool for navigating work life, relationships, education, and mental and physical well-being.
9. This Holistic Practice Has Been Shown To Reduce The Impact Stress Has On Brain Shrinkage (Thrive)
Mindfulness, a holistic practice, has shown to be beneficial in reducing stress levels. In turn, this holistic method helps to preserve brain function and prevent cognitive decline. When an individual experiences high levels of stress, it hurts the brain. This impact can manifest in the form of brain shrinkage.
10. Why Practicing Mindfulness in Daily Life Is Invaluable For Entrepreneurs (Entrepreneur)
Practicing mindfulness in daily entrepreneurial life does not have to be hard. In fact, it can be quite simple if you make a commitment to being more aware each day.