Weekly News Roundup
Our weekly Mindful Leader news roundup contains the latest news and trends that are impacting our industry. We scan through hundreds of articles weekly and share top content with our 150k+ audience across all social media channels. Below are the top ten articles our audience found most engaging in the last week.
1. Many business leaders meditate. It might be because it can help you make fewer mistakes (World Economic Forum)
Meditation and mindfulness are good for mental health but also have other benefits, such as lowering blood pressure and helping people make fewer mistakes.
2. 3 Principles of People-First Leadership (Entrepreneur)
Success in business hinges on your people and putting them first. Here's how to do it.
3. What Leaders Get Wrong About Resilience (Harvard Business Review)
Resilience is important for all employees, but they shouldn't be left to navigate adversity on their own. Instead, organizations must create an environment for shared responsibility around resilience. First, leaders must understand whether their thinkin...
4. How meditation could change the brain (CNN Health)
Meditation has been found to be helpful for improving mental and physical health. But experts are still learning about exactly what processes make those benefits possible for some, but not others.
5. 7 New Mindfulness Books to Add to Your Summer Reading List (Mindful Magazine)
Explore a guide to bittersweet emotions, an ode to everyday beauty, and more recent books and podcasts.
6. Summer Meditation Retreat: 6 Mindfulness Practices for Self-Care (Mindful Magazine)
It's time to slow down, be present, and appreciate the world around you. Explore these tips and practices from Barry Boyce, Sharon Salzberg, Sebene Selassie, and Jessica Morey that will help you get started.
7. Everything you need to become happier, according to science (Fast Company)
Happiness is truly in the journey and with this guide in your toolbox, happiness, both in work and life, will no longer feel out of reach.
8. A Gratitude Practice That Isn’t Complicated (Coffee Times)
Five tips to tap into the benefits of gratitude regardless of how busy you are.
9. Science-Based Strategies for Thriving Through Change (Association for Talent Development)
The good news is that while humans resist change, we are also an adaptive species. When we engage in rest, play, and mindfulness, we boost our resilience and can help others do the same.
10. 16 Unique Ideas For Employee Well-Being Initiatives In 2022 (Forbes Council)
When the workplace environment--whether it's in-person or online--isn't supportive and doesn't promote healthy behaviors, both business outcomes and professionals' private lives can suffer serious consequences.