Weekly News Roundup
Our weekly Mindful Leader news roundup contains the latest news and trends that are impacting our industry. We scan through hundreds of articles weekly and share top content with our 150k+ audience across all social media channels. Below are the top ten articles our audience found most engaging in the last week.
1. Monotasking: Mindfulness at Work (The Tiny Life)
Many of us fall into the habit of multitasking, especially when so much of our time is taken up by digital communication and online distractions. But did you know that multitasking actually hurts productivity? Monotasking — taking on one task at a time — is a much more efficient way to accomplish your short and long-term goals.
2. You should take 1 mental health day per month, psychologist says—here are 4 great ways to use them (CNBC)
With stress and inflation rising across America, you may want to postpone that mental health day. But experts say self-care doesn't have to be expensive.
3. The Emotionally Strong Leader: Building Effective And Collaborative Workplace Relationships (CEOWorld Magazine)
Time is up for the irreproachable leader whose very presence can cause waves of terror among employees. So too is it up for the stoic, detached, and unflappable leader whose inability to be seen as anything but in control creates tense and inauthentic interactions.
4. 6 Proven Ways to Create a Company Culture Your Employees Are Proud Of (Inc.)
Gone are the days of long commutes, longer hours, toxic environments, and bad bosses.
5. Supporting Your Team’s Mental Health After a Violent News Event (Harvard Business Review)
Violence and the fear of violence causes both trauma and toxic stress, which are contributing factors to mental health conditions. All of that doesn’t magically go away when we’re at work.
6. We’re in the midst of a fundamental shift in leadership (Fast Company)
Influence is the new power, and managers have a lot to learn from activists and thought leaders.
7. If You Say Yes to This 1 Question, Your Leadership Skills Are Better Than Those of Most Bosses (Inc.)
Assessing where you stand as a leader requires some honest self-analysis.
8. What Is Compassion Fatigue? Here Are The Signs You're Experiencing It. (Huffington Post)
The onslaught of bad news — from the abortion rights ruling to mass shootings to COVID — can lead to a unique type of burnout.
9. Fear VS Anxiety: 5 Important Differences (Happier Human)
In this article, we will discuss fear vs anxiety, what are their symptoms and important differences between the two.
10. 6 Practices to Help Lead Employees Through Uncertain Times (Inc.)
Lead with compassion, tolerance, humility, and honesty.