About Mindful Leader
Our products and offerings:
- Newsletter weekly & monthly
- Social media daily engagement across Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Mindfulness at Work Summit, an annual online event
- Mindful Leadership Summit, an annual in-person Washington DC conference
- Workplace Mindfulness Facilitator Certification program.
- MBSR program teaching the gold standard in meditation fundamentals.
- Lead & Work Mindfully online 3-month long courses
- Telesangha a daily meditation program lead by live meditation teachers
Hello Mindful Leader, welcome to our organization. I've always found it's important to know why an organization exists and what's the drive behind it.
To give you a little background, I spent the first part of my career working as an IT and Management consultant for Accenture and Fair Isaac, working with international clients in energy, banking, retail, government agencies, universities, startups, and F500 companies.
I launched my own company, bootstrapped, grew it from 0 to 30 people, and created a multi-million dollar business in less than 3 years. I struggled with leadership and hired a business coach to help me and he told me:
"Your employees are like horses, one set will take you from point A to B, then you put them down and get a fresh set to go from point B to C"
I embraced a ruthless, aggressive style of leadership to drive the company and its financial goals forward. Simply put, I was an a-hole leader and caused a great deal of suffering to my staff, my vendors, and myself.
Thankfully the company collapsed and caused me to take a hard look at what I had become and question what's REALLY important? I was incredibly fortunate to discover mindfulness. The intersection of Mindfulness in Leadership and in the Workplace has been my focus over the last decade, first starting ZenCEO in 2009 and eventually launching the first Mindful Leadership Summit in 2013.
I want to help develop of a new way to lead and work together, and hope you will join me in this movement.
Chief Community Organizer, Mindful Leader