8th Annual Mindful Leader Summit
Washington, DC | Sept 29 - Oct 1st
Discover the Power of Mindfulness at Work
✔ Amplify performance and counteract burnout
✔ Stay ahead with the latest research and trends
✔ Join a passionate community of change-makers
The World's Largest Summit Focused on Mindfulness & Compassion at Work
>> 3,790 people from over 34 countries have attended in the past <<
- Dr. Judson Brewer, MD, Ph.D., director of research and innovation at Brown University's Mindfulness Center. His pioneering work in mindfulness-based addiction treatments, showcased on platforms like 60 Minutes, TED, and Time Magazine, and funded by organizations such as the National Institutes of Health, has revolutionized the field. He is the founder of MindSciences, translating clinical mindfulness discoveries into practical solutions.
- Kristin Neff, Ph.D., co-founder of the nonprofit Center for Mindful Self-Compassion and co-creator of the globally recognized and empirically supported Mindful Self-Compassion training program. An influential research psychologist and an Associate Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Texas at Austin, and authored significant publications including "Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself."
- Marc Brackett, Ph.D., founder and director of Yale University's Center for Emotional Intelligence and acclaimed author of "Permission to Feel." Pioneering social and emotional learning, his groundbreaking RULER program has made a global impact, reaching thousands of K-12 schools worldwide. A prolific researcher with 125 scholarly articles to his name, and EI consultant to major corporations including Facebook, Microsoft, and Google.
With Speakers From:
Schedule at a Glance
DAY 1: Thursday UnConference
Thursday's UnConference – a dynamic space that fosters creative thinking, open-ended discussions, mutual learning, and meaningful connections. Click Here to Learn More
DAY 2: Friday
Friday will include morning yoga, keynotes, talks, case studies, practice sessions, embodiment, connection, and networking opportunities.
DAY 3: Saturday
Saturday will continue with morning yoga, keynotes, talks, case studies, practice sessions, embodiment, connection, and networking opportunities.
DAY 4: Sunday Workshops
Sunday will give you the opportunity to experience carefully curated, expert-led workshops for you to develop your skills.
DAY 1: Thursday UnConference
This isn’t your normal conference experience. It’s an opportunity for you to learn from and share with fellow Mindful Leaders. The UnConference creates a fertile space for peer-to-peer learning, collaboration, and connection. A favorite of previous attendees!
✔ Find solutions to the specific challenges you're facing
✔ Create deep, authentic connections with allies
✔ Share your expertise and support peers
DAY 2 & DAY 3 Friday & Saturday Summit Session Preview
Research and Insights
- Infusing Mindfulness into Workplace Interactions and Relationships: Insights from Research and Practice - Dr. Glen Kreiner, Professor at the University of Utah & Dr. Chris Reina, Executive Director, Institute for Transformative Leadership
- From Social Work to Soul Work: A Review of the Literature on Mindfulness Education for Mental Health Professionals - Hollee A. McGinnis, MSW, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University & Kim Flournoy DiJospeh, MSW, Adjunct Professor in Teaching, Virginia Commonwealth University
Mindful, Metaverse Workplaces: Recent Research Into Connection and Co-presence in Workplace Virtual Worlds - Jo Eyre, Communication & Employee Engagement Expert
- Mindfulness with ancient Indian wisdom: A Wellbeing Perspective - Manish Behl, Founder, Mindful Science Centre and Mindfulness Coach PCC
- Gaining Ground on Burn-Out in the Helping Professions: Let’s Talk Research and Sustainability for Organizational Well-Being - Dr. Sara Cadalig, DSW, LCSW, Wellness Options LLC & Yvonne Berenguer, Lecturer, California State University, Stanislaus, Social Work Department
- Powered by Me: From Burned Out to Fully Charged at Work and in Life - Neha Sangwan, M.D., CEO, Intuitive Intelligence, Inc.
- Welcome and Keynote: Mastering the Mind - Unleashing the Power of Mindfulness to Conquer Habits - Judson Brewer, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Brown University
- Principle to Practice: Conscious Capitalism in Action - Tom Gardner, CEO, Motley Fool & Mo Edjlali, Founder, Mindful Leader & Raj Sisodia, Ph.D.
- Awaken: A Journey to Purpose, Inner Peace, and Healing - Raj Sisodia, Ph.D., FEMSA Distinguished University Professor of Conscious Enterprise, Tecnologico de Monterrey
- Quantum Physics Principles and Leadership Parallels - Emiliya Zhivotovskaya, The Flourishing Center, Founder and CEO
Case Study Media Cause: Breaking through the Busyness - Integrating Wellbeing into Productivity-driven Cultures - Amy Small, EVP, Media Cause
Case Study Ardene: Mastering Workplace Mindfulness - Make It Happen, Make It Real, Make It Stick! - Fil D'Urbano, Chief Leadership and Mindfulness Officer, Ardene
- Case Study AstraZeneca: From Idea to Reality - Challenges and Triumphs of Establishing a Workplace Mindfulness Group - Helena Ho, Associate Director, AstraZeneca
- Case Study National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: Building an Organizational Culture of Mindfulness with a Growth Mindset - Kristin Mabry, Learning Officer, NOAA
Case Study Center for Compassionate Leadership & The Carter Center: Culture Change Via Mindfulness & Compassionate Leadership at a Global NGO - Laura Berland, Founder, Executive Director, Center for Compassionate Leadership & Evan Harrel, Co-Founder, Center for Compassionate Leadership
- Case Study NYCDOE: Incorporating Mindfulness in a NYC Public High School - Scott Silverman, Assistant Principal, John Adams High School
Case Study ASU Center for Mindfulness: Intentional Sustainability and Leadership Transition - Co-Creating an Academic Mindfulness Center - Teri Pipe, Ph.D., RN, Professor of Practice and Founding Director, ASU Center for Mindfulness & Dr. Nika Gueci, Executive Director, ASU Center for Mindfulness
Research and Insights Continued
- 3 Ways Artificial Intelligence will Help Shape the Mindfulness Field - Mo Edjlali, Founder, Mindful Leader
- Increase Motivation and Performance with Self-Compassion - Kristin Neff, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of Texas at Austin
- Unlocking Workplace Synergy: Deep Insights from the Pioneering Study on the Powerful Nexus of Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence - Marc Brackett, Ph.D., Director, Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence & Mo Edjlali, Founder, Mindful Leader
- Showing Up with Grit and Grace: How to Lead Under Pressure as a Leader - Lili Powell, Ph.D., Julie Logan Sands Associate Professor, UVA Darden and Director, Compassionate Care Initiative, UVA School of Nursing
- From Pseudoscience to Neuroscience: What Mindfulness Teachers Often Get Wrong - Due Quach, Author, Founder and CEO, Mindful Leader CWMF Guest Expert, Calm Clarity
- 4 Foundational Keys to Bringing Mindfulness to Work - Andy Lee, Founder, Mindful Ethos, Mindful Leader CWMF Instructor, former Chief Mindfulness Officer, Aetna
- Wackfulness: Is it Time for a Mindfulness Reformation? - Mo Edjlali, Founder, Mindful Leader
Bringing Mindful Compassion to Your Workplace - Anita Barbero, Wellness Coach, Renew Your Health
Transform Your Sales Attitude and Approach: Harness Mindfulness to Amplify Your Impact - Holly Duckworth & Eric Szymanski, Executive Director, American Mindfulness Association and Mindful Sales Professional, Leadership Solutions International
- Innovator’s Mojo™: Awakening Your Inner Innovator in the Age of AI - Mohan Nair, CEO, Emerge Inc
- Transforming Toxic Workplaces: Unleashing the Power of Mindful Communication - Sarah Ariaudo, Author, Speaker, Corporate Trainer and Coach, Mindful Based Healing, LLC
- The Journey of Walking the Labyrinth - Debra Vinci-Minogue, Ed.D., Associate Professor, Director of Teacher Development Programs, Dominican University
- Developing Mindfulness through Reflective Practice in Online Education - Heather Smigowski, Ph.D., Colonel, U.S. Army
- Leading from Inherent Awareness: Accessing Our Greatest Human Resource - Dr. Ruth Zaplin, American University and The Zaplin Group
- Pure Heart Leadership - Dr. Shana Garrett, Dean, Walden University
- Using Narrative and Other Scientifically Based Tools for Increased Mindfulness - Terri Babineau, MD, MSt, UVA School of Medicine Faculty, Primary Care Clerkship Director, Member Wisdom and Wellbeing Team, University of Virginia
- Resonating Awe: Mindful Immersion in Live Music - Najeeb Sabour, Performing Artist, Berklee College of Music
- Mindful Movement - Peter Calin, MBSR Instructor, Mindful Leader
- Building Momentum: Enhancing, Evaluating, and Expanding Your Mindfulness Program
Andy Lee, Mindful Leader CWMF Instructor, former Chief Mindfulness Officer, Aetna
- How Presenceful Leadership Enables Team's Success
Sahar Azarabadi, Managing Partner, New Ventures West & Cynthia Luna, Managing Partner and Leader, New Ventures West
- How to Become a ‘Feelings Mentor’ at Work (and in Life)
Marc Brackett, Ph.D., Director, Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
- Introducing Neuroscience-Informed Mindfulness Facilitation
Due Quach, Mindful Leader CWMF Adjunct Instructor, Author, Founder and CEO, Calm Clarity
- Making the Case for Mindfulness: How to Market, Get Funding, and Grow
Andy Lee, Mindful Leader CWMF Instructor, former Chief Mindfulness Officer, Aetna and Mo Edjlali, Founder, Mindful Leader
- Followership: The Silent Force Behind Effective Leadership
Emiliya Zhivotovskaya, Founder and CEO, The Flourishing Center
“The Mindful Leader Summit was a great experience to hear from profound teachers and was great for connection. Thank you.”
United States Forest Service Mindfulness Teacher & Professional Coach
“The Mindful Leader Summit was a fantastic experience. It was inspiring to be surrounded by so many like-minded leaders. I made many meaningful connections will definitely be back next year. Not to mention, the speakers were brilliant.”
Founder of Borderline Media
“It is crucial as leaders that we learn how to manage our energy, and the energy of others, and that we do so with patience and generosity. This is the only way to ensure that time at work is productive and contributes to our collective well being. The Mindful Leader Summit exposed me to many informed perspectives to help achieve these aims.”
Manager of the Advanced Biomedical IT Core of Research Technologies at Indiana University
Enjoy the beauty and culture of Washington, D.C.
Venue & Hotel
The Summit will take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Crystal City with easy access to the metro, restaurants, museums, and famous landmarks. Use this link to receive discounted Summit attendee room rates. In the past our room blocks have sold out so book early if you'd like to be at the venue hotel.
Who Should Attend?
Internal Champions of Mindfulness • Leaders • Executives • Entrepreneurs • HR Professionals
Health & Wellness Professionals • Coaches • Consultants • Mindfulness Teachers
100% refund until August 4th, 50% refund after that until September 15th. Tickets are transferable at any time.
We offer need-based scholarships for individuals who are working in social impact and non-profit organizations. Click here to apply.
Become a better leader, create a flourishing workplace, and have a more positive impact on the world!
Final Note from Summit Producer
Dear Mindful Leader,
If you've ever attended our Summit, you know it's a one-of-a-kind experience, and this year we hope to make it even better! Continuing with the much-loved pre-summit UnConference on Thursday, we've crafted a dynamic, emergent, and entirely attendee-driven open space—a melting pot of design thinking and innovative ideas.
Our two-day Summit promises a blend of enriching content, including keynotes, panels, hands-on practices, cutting-edge insights, research, thought leaders, and of course, enjoyment and camaraderie. Join us Thursday night for a welcoming meet and greet, partake in coffee and tea mixers each morning of the Summit, and celebrate at our festive welcome reception on Friday night. Interactive sessions throughout the day will provide opportunities to connect and form new friendships while practicing mindfulness together.
On the final day, immerse yourself in our expert-led workshops, selecting two that resonate with you—one for the morning and another for the afternoon. Take advantage of our discounted hotel rates and extend your visit to revel in the splendid art, culture, and unique flavors that our nation's capital has to offer.
The time has come to re-emerge and reconnect. I warmly invite you to join us in Washington, DC, this fall. Your presence would be our privilege, and I eagerly look forward to seeing you!
- Mo Edjlali
Founder & CEO, Mindful Leader
Scheduling Conflict? Sign up for Summit Notifications
If you can't make it to this year's Summit - sign up to stay informed on the latest Summit updates, speaker & session announcements, and news.
PLUS free access to four top Summit sessions when you sign-up.