Become a Certified Workplace Mindfulness Facilitator
We're setting the standard in Workplace Mindfulness Facilitation and addressing the unique challenges you face bringing mindfulness to the workplace.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED - 2020 SPRING COHORT IS AT CAPACITY
Sign up to receive updates about future Certified Workplace Mindfulness Facilitator courses
Everything you need to successfully facilitate mindfulness workplace programs for groups in one complete, proven system.
Feel confident and qualified to facilitate mindfulness in the workplace
Avoid mistakes and mitigate legal, ethical, and mental health-related risks
Get buy-in from key stakeholders, scale, and increase engagement
We've created the Workplace Mindfulness Facilitator Certification Training
to help you master the art and science of mindfulness facilitation so you can share the benefits of mindfulness with your organization.
- Latest industry trends and issues
- Proven facilitation methodology
- Best practices from industry-leading organizations
- Co-created by veteran, certified Organizational Change & HR manager
- Science and evidence-based mindful approach
- Structured online eCourse
- Valuable toolkit
- Learning community
- Optional 1-on-1 Coaching
Resources & Tool Kit
- Meditation scripts
- Meditation recordings
- Sample communication templates
- Sample session outlines
- FREE BONUS access to 2019 Mindful Leadership Summit Video Plus & 2019 Mindfulness@Work Summit
- Our lead instructor is a veteran certified organizational change and HR manager with deep business and workplace expertise
- The program is based on a proven methodology that has been developed over the last 6 years and incorporated feedback from over 321 participants
- The bonus resources include sessions from mindfulness experts and leading organizations
Community & Practice, Practice, Practice
- Every other week attend live instructor-led online interactive sessions
- On alternative weeks, practice, practice, practice with your peer cohort
- Find answers to your toughest questions on our online forums
- Connect and be supported by professional peers
Simple and Powerful Learning Platform
Easy to use, thoughtfully structured course with automatic progress tracking.
Step by step instructions and clear expectations for tasks and course materials.
Access course content and lesson video and audio from your laptop, tablet or mobile device.
Who Should Enroll?
HR Professionals • Wellness Professionals • Coaches • Consultants • Mindfulness Teachers • Yoga Teachers • Leaders • Entrepreneurs • Internal Champions of Mindfulness
“This course has given me not only the tools and confidence to facilitate mindfulness sessions in the workplace--it has also provided me with a better understanding of the impact mindfulness can have on our culture, society, education, corporate world, and mental health.”
Psy.D., Senior Psychologist, NYU Langone Health, Rusk Rehabilitation
“This online Mindfulness Certification programme is so well designed, I could imagine it's a face-to-face course.”
CEO, Gefira Leadership
“As an experienced meditator and facilitator, this course was exactly what I was looking for---and it delivered. Good value for the cost--providing operational pearls of facilitating a mindfulness program, strategizing and building business plans for stakeholders, and tip on how to grow and offer an effective, and safe mindfulness program.”
Family Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Director, Marathon-Health
“This is a great class and group of professionals. If you want to bring mindfulness to your organization, this is the class to take.”
CEO, Be Meditation
“I am honored to be part of the Mindful Leader Facilitator cohort. The course was carefully constructed and run to enhance participant engagement and interaction. Wendy and Mo fostered a sense of community and connection through the online materials, webinars, and pod meetings. This course was critical to my professional development and personal growth.”
Associate Professor, Department of Human Development and Family Science, Syracuse University
“I highly recommend Mindful Leader's Mindfulness Facilitator Certification Program. The content is comprehensive and well-curated. The toolkit provides everything that is necessary to create and implement a mindfulness program at work. Wendy Quan and Mo Edjali are both warm, personable and extremely knowledgeable. This training is timely and necessary.”
Cindy R. Scott
Educator Baltimore County Public Schools
“This course took me from having an idea about wanting to start meditation sessions in the workplace to having a solid foundation and plan of action on how to make that a reality. Practicing leading meditations in a safe environment gave me the opportunity to develop skill and grow from feedback from other participants.”
District Manager Sorenson Communications
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED - 2020 SRING COHORT IS AT CAPACITY
This course will be offered again. Sign up for the Fall 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time is required to complete the course?
We estimate 2 - 4 hours a week for the 12 weeks of the course to complete the certification process.
How does the Facilitator Training course compare to meditation teacher programs?
This course is a complement or an alternative to meditation teacher training programs and is not a competitor of such programs. As such, this makes the world of mindfulness meditation facilitation more accessible for experienced meditators without the large time and financial investment in meditation teacher training programs.
The Facilitator Training course with toolkit focuses on:
- The logistics and best practices of quickly starting up and sustaining an engaging workplace or community program
- Teaching you the skills of how to expertly lead live, guided meditations
- Ensuring you know the key essentials to teach your participants
- Equipping you with a quick-start toolkit of recordings and templates
Does workplace mindfulness need to be implemented as a ‘top down’ program?
Interestingly, some of the most successful programs are not started as a formal ‘human resources’ or ‘health & wellness’ program and are started by anyone who is passionate about helping others and up to being a catalyst to get a program started.
Every organization is unique, and it is always a good idea, at a minimum, to obtain an ‘OK’ from whatever group may be necessary, or least let them know what you plan to do. Sometimes all that is needed is asking the human resources department for permission to use a meeting room for the practice and keeping them informed along the way, and sometimes they wish to be more involved. You can get started just in your own team if that feels right.
In other words, this does not need to be a ‘top-down’ program and can be very successful if you start small and grow this from a grassroots level. This approach builds trust amongst the employee community and lets you get comfortable as you grow the program.
What is the typical experience of Facilitators after the training?
After finishing the Training course, Facilitators will be able to:
- Begin leading mindfulness meditation talks and sessions at their place of employment
- For those who have their own business, such as coaches, yoga instructors, massage therapists, etc, add mindfulness to their service offerings
- Start-up a side business offering mindfulness services to organizations
Facilitators all say that doing this compassion practice has brought great meaning to their lives. When they talk about their experience as a Facilitator, their joy is palpable.
Facilitators also say it really helps them with their own personal practice – it helps them ‘up their own game’ by staying on top of their own personal practice and they love to continually learn and try new meditations.
Overall, they feel a deep sense of purpose in their lives to help others. The time it takes to start leading others varies greatly, depending on the Facilitator’s situation. Some have already started facilitating even before they take the course, some start-up immediately and some may take months as they wait for the right circumstances and timing at their workplace or in their community.
Who signs up to become a Facilitator?
There is quite a variety of people who become Facilitators. They are from all around the world, such as Canada, the United States, South America, Europe, and Asia. Many of them as employees within organizations and voluntarily lead sessions at work. Many are individuals offering this to their communities or clients, such as professional counselors, teachers, and yoga instructors. Many of them start leading at work, then branch out to offer this is a business of their own.
It doesn’t matter what job you have. You can be a catalyst whether you are an analyst, administrative assistant, manager, counselor, educator, massage therapist or yoga instructor.
Some have their own business offering mindfulness talks and workshops as a for-profit service.
Can I train others to become Facilitators after I’m trained?
This course does not qualify or permit Facilitators to teach the copyrighted courses. It is not a Train-the-Trainer program. This course and toolkit are solely to equip you personally as you lead others in mindfulness meditation.
Is certification really worthwhile?
Certification provides you with specific evaluation and feedback in a very supportive way, so you know you are offering quality facilitation to your participants. It's about your credibility - people want to know that their Facilitator is properly trained and qualified.
Facilitators working within an organization and those who are offering facilitation as a service find certification desirable. Those who are already offering facilitation as a service, in particular, feel the necessity to obtain certification.
Without certification, you may still facilitate, but Mindful Leader cannot endorse your skillset without validation through the Certification Program.
Is certification achievable?
Yes. We estimate it will take approximately 30 hours to complete the course and create the certification portfolio.
If for any reason, a student is not quite ready to be granted certification, we will work with you towards success. Generally, this means identifying where the student needs to improve and together deciding on what is achievable and by when. The idea here is to work towards success, not just deny someone certification.
When will this course be offered again?
This is the only time we will run this program in the first half of 2020. We plan to offer the training again in the fall.
What are the re-certification requirements?
Certification is good for up to one year from the date of completion. There is an annual re-certification application and $300 fee. Recertification includes access to private groups, updated resources and special discounts on other Mindful Leader offerings.
What do you get when you're certified?
After you successfully are granted your certification, you:
- May indicate that you are a 'Certified Workplace Mindfulness Facilitator by Mindful Leader' or ‘CMF’ in your profiles, signatures blocks, websites, etc.
- Will receive an electronic certificate, showing that you are certified
- Listing on the Mindful Leader certified facilitator directory
Can I get a refund if I’m not satisfied?
We put a great deal of effort into packing incredible value into this program. We stand behind our work and unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with your purchase. If you’re not 100% satisfied simply email us within 30 days of the course start date and we will give you a full refund.
What are the eligibility requirements?
The course does not teach how to practice mindfulness and/or meditation – to become a student, you must already have a personal mindfulness and/or meditation practice.
Although it is challenging to quantify a minimum standard of personal qualities and experience as a prerequisite to the Facilitator Training course, the following is defined as the minimum requirement. It is understood that individuals' experience can vary greatly.
Eligibility Requirements A foundation of personal meditation and/or mindfulness experience. Such a foundation at a MINIMUM must include 2 of the following 4:
- Successfully completed an introductory or higher-level mindfulness or meditation course
- Attended a day-long or multi-day in-person retreat
- Be part of a meditation community, attending community sittings regularly
- Have a committed & consistent personal mindfulness & meditation practice for 6 months or longer
You must agree to the following commitments:
- I commit to fully embodying my daily mindfulness meditation practice.
- I commit to continuously learn about meditation and mindfulness, with an open beginner's mindset.
- I commit to humility and to be conscious of how my ego is showing up in my interactions.
- I commit to developing my ability to speak publicly in a confident compassionate, articulate and approachable manner.
- I commit to a willingness to conduct sessions in a non-religious style, using universal language that is generally acceptable and inclusive.
- I commit to welcoming feedback and incorporating feedback into my continuous improvement.
We do not expect you to be a meditation expert before this program, but if your only experience is occasionally listening to a meditation app, it may not be sufficient for this program. Not sure you qualify? Apply and we will review your application where we will ask specifics regarding your background, if you are not approved you will not be charged. We encourage you to contact us to explore eligibility if you are unsure, as we can suggest ways to build your minimum skill set in order to enroll in this program.
What specifically is going to be required for certification?
The first 6 weeks focus on the training course, and the second 6 weeks focus on the Certification phase.
The certification phase is about giving you lots of practice in leading live meditations. The requirements for the Certification Portfolio include:
- Practicing leading live meditations, with your peer group and organizing a small group in your own life (whether at work or in your personal life).
- Video recording one of your sessions and submitting it for review.
- Writing a document that overviews your progress to date, and any challenges you are facing.
- Completing a feedback survey regarding the program.
At the end of the program, your Certification Portfolio will be assessed and you will receive an email about your certification.
Your certification will be valid for one year, and there will be an annual re-certification, details to come.
Is the course accredited?
This course is accredited by Mindful Leader. Our certifications are managed on the Accredible platform and are Open Badges 2.0 Certified.
Gain a deeper understanding of bringing mindfulness to the workplace, the authority to facilitate it, and the ability to turn what you already know into results. The science, cultural trends, legal, ethical questions, and mindfulness practices are ever-evolving. This all affects your ability to foster mindfulness in your organization.
The most successful professionals will be those who have a deep understanding, commitment to continuously learning, hone their craft, and have the support of a peer group. We designed this program with our expertise, as one of the pioneers in this field, to help you succeed.
If now isn't the right time, we understand - and the program will be offered sometime again in not too distant future. But if you know that the time for you is now, we are excited to have you join this program - Provide yourself with the opportunity to get the training and support you need.
Sign up for Mindful leader emails and Certified Workplace Mindfulness Facilitator Updates
Sign up below to subscribe to Mindful Leader emails and for updates on upcoming Certified Workplace Mindfulness Facilitator courses.