Best of Summit Talks
How to Have Compassionate Performance Reviews
- Mindset and Motivation: Before conducting a performance review, it is crucial to examine your own mindset and motivation. Challenge yourself to approach the conversation with a service-oriented mindset, devoid of hidden motives, and guided by compassion.
- Recognition of Humanity and Positive Intent: Recognize that the individuals involved in performance reviews are human beings with their own unique experiences and perspectives. Assume positive intent, understanding that ever…
The Power of Love & Connection in a World of Noise & Fear
- Embodied Mindfulness for Inclusive Leadership: Utilize embodied mindfulness to address world challenges and develop leaders who are inclusive and impactful.
- Context Matters: Emphasize the importance of considering context in mindful awareness, including external factors like societal issues, conflicts, and fears.
- Paradox of Prediction and Perception: Explore the brain's role as a predicting organ and the paradox it presents in shaping perceptions, acknowledging both limita…
Mindfulness @Ernst & Young
- Make mindfulness relatable and accessible. Avoid spiritual or esoteric language and focus on tangible benefits.
- Build a network of mindfulness champions. Start small and gradually build your network, pitching the concept to potential champions at every introductory class.
- Collaborate with curriculum developers to integrate mindfulness into the learning and development curriculum. Ensure that programs remain true to their core principles while making them accessible and pra…
Leading Post-Crisis Growth – 3 Ways Leaders Make a Difference
A thought-provoking session at the 2022 Mindful Leader Summit led by Lili Powell, Ph.D., explored the role of resilience and attunement in leadership. This article delves into the insights shared during this session, highlighting the profound impact of leadership on guiding individuals and teams toward growth in the aftermath of adversity.
Why Resilience Matters
The central question addressed during the session was, "Why do some individuals thrive and grow after facing adversity, while other…
Is Capitalism the Solution or Problem?
In a world where capitalism often comes under scrutiny for its impact on society and the environment, Raj Sisodia, founder of conscious capitalism, offers a refreshing perspective. In a recent conversation, Sisodia discussed the interconnectedness of our world and the urgent need for conscious and purpose-driven business practices. This article delves into the key takeaways from his insightful discussion.
The Dissatisfaction that Sparked Change
Raj Sisodia's journey into consci…
Creating a Mindful Workplace: An Interview with Aetna's Former Chief Mindfulness Officer, Andy Lee
In this interview, Mo Edjlali, Founder of Mindful Leader, engages in a compelling conversation with Andy Lee, former Chief Mindfulness Officer at Aetna, about the integration of mindfulness into the workplace. This interview covers a range of topics, including Andy's personal mindfulness journey, the infusion of mindfulness into Aetna's culture, the pivotal role of Mindfulness Advocates, and more. Through this dialogue, we gain insights into Aetna's journey to overcome barriers and make mindfu…
Advanced Meditation Practice with Diana Winston
Mindfulness has gained significant popularity in recent years, with its positive impact on mental well-being and focus becoming widely recognized. In a session at Mindful Leader’s 2019 Mindfulness at Work Summit, Diana Winston, the director of mindfulness education at the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center, shared valuable insights into various meditation practices. Her discussion centered around moving from focused awareness to natural awareness through a spectrum of mindfulness practices…
How to be Mindful of McMindfulness
In recent years, the practice of mindfulness has gained significant popularity, offering individuals a seemingly effective means of managing stress and finding inner peace. However, a critical examination of this phenomenon, known as McMindfulness, reveals how the practice has been commodified, diluted, and marketed as a panacea for all of life's challenges. Coined by Miles Neale, McMindfulness sheds light on how mindfulness has be…
The Neuroscience Behind How Mindfulness Helps Us Hack Our Minds
This Free Summit Talk has Expired
Judson Brewer MD Ph.D., Professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences at Brown University, at the 2018 Mindful Leader Summit